Christmas is the best time for the most sugary recipes imaginable. “Christmas crack” is the perfect balance of a sweet and salty treat for the the holidays.
3 cups Rice Chex cereal
3 cups Cheerios cereal
3 cups pretzel pieces
3 cups red & green M&M’s
20 oz white chocolate
3.5 tbsp solid vegetable shortening
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the Rice Chex, Cheerios, pretzels, and M&M’s.
- In a smaller bowl, melt the white chocolate and shortening in the microwave, stirring it every 30 seconds until the mixture is completely melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate-shortening mixture over the dry ingredients and toss together until everything is evenly coated in the mixture.
- Spread mixture out on the baking sheet and refrigerate until it has set.
- Break up any chunks with a spatula or knife, and enjoy.